Group Study Room Policies
- Only PVCC students can book a group study room. Faculty members are not allowed to reserve the group study rooms, nor are the rooms to be booked for meetings. Faculty members may meet with groups of students to review for tests or exams, but a student must initiate the reservation. The rooms are not to be used for teaching on a regular basis.
- Individuals may NOT reserve a room unless it is for class-related recordings (e.g. recording yourself giving a speech, doing sign language, speaking in a foreign language, etc.). Individuals may use a room if vacant, but must leave if a group signs up.
- Groups can reserve a room for a maximum of 3 hours per day and 9 hours per week.
- If you are more than 20 minutes late for your reservation, then you forfeit your reservation. Anyone else who would like to use the room can do so after that time (first-come, first-served).
- If you are not in the same room as your reservation, then you forfeit your reservation.
- If you change rooms, please see a librarian to modify your reservation.
- Empty rooms can be used by individuals or groups on a first-come, first-served basis.
- If you leave early or need to cancel, please see a librarian or email email@example.com so the room can be opened up for others. Please include your name, email address and the times you wish to cancel.
- Close the door, leave the light on, speak in normal tones, and be respectful of your peers who are studying. The walls are not soundproof.